BADGER FAMILY CHRONICLES© Christopher Earls Brennen
Datafile 8D. Miller Deaths
The first part of this section is a listing of some of the Miller deaths in various records. Details of some of these are included in the second part of this section.
First Name(s) Surname Area Year Ref. Ch. Robert Miller Co.Tyrone 1855 [c] John Miller Co.Tyrone 1857 [c] Robert Miller Co.Tyrone 1868 [c] Andrew Miller Co.Tyrone 1877 [c] James Miller Co.Tyrone 1879 [c] James Miller Co.Tyrone 1880 [c] James Miller Co.Tyrone 1885 [c] Thomas Miller Co.Tyrone 1887 [c] Mary Miller Co.Tyrone 1889 [c] Margaret Miller Co.Tyrone 1892 [c] Maria Elizabeth Miller Co.Tyrone 1892 [c] Thomas Miller Co.Tyrone 1893 [c] John Miller Co.Tyrone 1893 [c] Robert Miller Co.Tyrone 1894 [c] Rev. Charles Miller Co.Tyrone 1894 [c] Thomas Miller Co.Tyrone 1896 [c] Andrew Miller Co.Tyrone 1897 [c] John Miller Co.Tyrone 1897 [c] Thomas Miller Co.Tyrone 1897 [c] James Miller Co.Tyrone 1899 [c] James Miller Co.Tyrone 1900 [c] Thomas Miller Co.Tyrone 1901 [c] Hugh Miller Co.Tyrone 1902 [c] Alexander Rowley Miller Co.Tyrone 1902 [c] James Miller Co.Tyrone 1905 [c] Joseph Miller Co.Tyrone 1905 [c] David Miller Co.Tyrone 1906 [c] James Miller Co.Tyrone 1909 [c] Eliza Miller Co.Tyrone 1910 [c] John Miller Co.Tyrone 1912 [c] William Miller Co.Tyrone 1913 [c] Edward Miller Co.Tyrone 1913 [c] Robert Miller Co.Tyrone 1914 [c] Inglis Francis Rowley Miller Co.Tyrone 1914 [c] Rowley Alexander Miller Co.Tyrone 1915 [c] [c] Emerald Ancestors Internet Records.
Ardstraw Old Cemetery, County Tyrone (see www.cotyroneireland.com/graveyard/oldardstraw.html):
Miller: Erected by Elizabeth MILLER in loving memory of her beloved husband Revd Charles Miller who died 14th March 1894 aged 60 years. Also his wife Margaret Elizabeth Miller, born 9th October 1854, died 22nd January 1918 aged 63 years 3 months and 13 days.
To the left hand side of above: Also in loving memory of his parents David Miller Who died 20th March 1860 aged 62 years, Mary Miller who died 12th Jan 1850 aged 50 years, his brother Thomas Miller who died 29th July 1893 aged 72 years, his sister Margaret Miller Who died 3rd Sept 1869 aged 38 years and his nephew John Miller Who died 20th Oct 1871 aged 16 months.
To the right hand side of above: Also Fanny, wife of the aforesaid Thomas Miller Who died 10th June 1896 aged 58 years.
A listing of the abstracts of wills mostly taken from the PRONI website:
- Administration of the Estate of David Miller late of Lack, County Fermanagh, farmer, who died 21 July 1913 granted at Armagh to Mary Ann Miller, the Widow.
- Administration (with the Will) of the Estate of Mary Anne Miller late of Lismacarrol County Londonderry Widow who died 17 June 1914 granted at Londonderry to Ida V. M. Thompson Married Woman.
- John Woodburn Miller of 53 Palmerston Road Belfast manufacturers agent died 5 May 1941 at Portaferry county Down Probate Belfast 24 December to Florence Annie Miller the widow. Effects £382 11s. 2d.
- Rowley Alexander Miller died Jun.16, 1915, in residence Millbank, Omagh, County Tyrone.
- Administration (with the Will) of the Estate of Inglis Francis Rowley Miller late of Omagh County Tyrone Lieutenant Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers who died 14 September 1914 at Cambrai Hospital France granted at Londonderry to Rowley Alexander Miller Major. (Retired)
- Administration of the estate of Alexander Rowley Miller late of Millbank Omagh County Tyrone Lieutenant 1st Inniskilling Fusiliers who died 15 May 1902 at Kaffirkop Orange River Colony South Africa granted at Londonderry to Rowley A. Miller Major.
- Probate of the Will of Rowley Alexander Miller late of Millbank Omagh County Tyrone Major (Retired) who died 16 June 1915 at the Hospital Omagh granted at Londonderry to Richard S. Holland Solicitor.
- William Thomas Miller of Brook House Newtownstewart county Tyrone M.P. died 6 October 1930 Administration Londonderry 31 January to Clara Phyllis Miller the widow. Effects £1135 13s. 6d.
- Clara Phyllis Miller of Brook House Newtownstewart county Tyrone widow died 30 March 1934 Administration Londonderry 4 July to Herbert William Miller esquire. Effects £1265 18s. 11d.
- Administration of the estate of Thomas Miller late of Grange County Tyrone Farmer who died 13 May 1901 granted at Londonderry to Maggie J. Miller the Widow
- Maria Graham Miller of Artigarvan Strabane county Tyrone widow died 19 February 1929 Probate Londonderry 10 January to Thomas McCully junior and Robert H. Smyth merchants. Effects £10835 10s. 6d.
- The Will (with one Codicil) of Alexander Rowley Miller late of Lissan Rectory Moneymore County Londonderry Clerk deceased who died 3 April 1877 at same place was proved at Londonderry by the oaths of Maria Elizabeth Miller of Lissan Rectory Moneymore Widow and Joseph Diver of Moneymore Gentleman both in said County the Executors.
- Letters of Administration of the personal estate of John Rowley Miller late of Moneymore in the County of Londonderry Esquire deceased who died 25 December 1862 at same place were granted at Londonderry to Henry Rowley Miller of Moneymore aforesaid Esquire the Son one of the next of kin of said deceased.
- The Will of Henry Rowley Miller late of Moneymore County Londonderry Esquire deceased who died 18 July 1873 at same place was proved at Londonderry by the oath of Elizabeth Miller of Moneymore aforesaid Widow the sole Executrix.
- The Will (with two Codicils) of Rowley Miller late of Moneymore in the County of Londonderry Esquire deceased who died 15 July 1866 at same place was proved at Londonderry by the oath of Alexander Rowley Miller of Lissan (Moneymore) in said County Clerk one of the Executors. (Deceased died domiciled in Ireland.)
Last updated 3/5/04.
Christopher E. Brennen