BADGER FAMILY CHRONICLES© Christopher Earls Brennen
Datafile 2D. Badger Deaths
The first part of this section is a listing of some of the Badger entries in the index of the registered deaths and other records as indicated. Also shown are the year with the volume and page number of the registration. An asterisk indicates a case in which the full record has been consulted and details included in the second part of this section.
1st Name [Age] Surname Area Year Ref. Ch. Chelly Badger Killyberry 1870 [g] Robert Badger Killyberry 1876 [g] Nathaniel Badger Kansas 1877 [a] Sarah Badger Kansas 1878 [a] Mary Badger Broagh, Co.Derry 1879 [c] Jane Badger Michigan, USA 1887 [f] Reginald Badger Worcester 1897 [d] Mary Badger Killyberry, Downing, Co.Derry 1898 [c] James Badger Gortagilly, Co.Derry 1904 [c] Mary Jane (Badger) Porter Knockloughrim, Co.Derry 1905 [g] Mary Jane Badger Curran, Co. Derry 1905 [g] George Badger Michigan, USA 1907 [f] Mary Badger Michigan, USA 1908 [f] Mary Ann Hanlon Franklin, Ohio, USA 1908 See below William Badger Curran, Co. Derry 1911 [g] Sarah (Badger) Mawhaney Michigan, USA 1915 [f] William Badger Megargy, Co.Derry 1916 [c] Elizabeth Badger Castledawson 1921 [g] Robert Badger Boyle, Roscommon 1922 [a] William H. Badger Michigan, USA 1922 [f] John E. Hanlon Michigan, USA 1922 [f] Edward Badger Michigan, USA 1923 [f] John Badger Michigan, USA 1925 [f] Mary Jane (Badger) Evans Castledawson 1929 [g] Norah Badger Co.Galway 1938 [d] John Badger England 1941 [d] Martin Badger Co.Galway 1945 [d] Edward Badger Castledawson 1946 [g] Annie Badger 1954 [a] Elizabeth Badger Co.Galway 1961 [d] Mary Thompson Evans Castledawson 1990 [g] Edward Evans Castledawson 2003 [g] Mary Badger Moneymore 2012 [e] [a] LDS Records. [c] Emerald Ancestors. [d] www.findagrave.com [e] Newspaper announcement [f] ancestry.com [g] Magherafelt Genealogy website
The second part of this section contains details of some of the deaths listed above:
- Chelly Badger, born about 1788, wife of Robert Badger of Killyberry died on Aug.8, 1870, and is buried in St.Tida's Church of Ireland graveyard, Co. Derry.
- Robert Badger of Killyberry, born about 1785, husband of Chelly Badger, died on Jan.28, 1876, aged 91 years. He is buried in St.Tida's Church of Ireland graveyard, Co. Derry.
- Nathaniel Badger, born in Antrim, Ireland, in 1799 and married in 1818 to Sarah Clarke died in Newton, Kansas, on Oct.9, 1887, and is buried in Greenwood Cemetery.
- Sarah Badger (see above) who married Nathaniel Badger in 1818 died in Newton, Kansas, on Oct.1, 1878, and is buried in Greenwood Cemetery.
- Mary Badger died in Broagh, Co.Derry on Sep.20, 1879.
- Jane Badger, born about 1832 in Ireland, married farmer's wife, died in Pennfield, Calhoun, Michigan, USA, at the age of 55 on Mar.19, 1887.
- Reginald Charles Badger, son of Edward and Lizzie Badger (nee Saunders) was born in 1896 in Pershore, Worcestershire, England, and died on Nov.27, 1897, in Pershore. He is buried in Norton St James The Great Churchyard, Worcester, England.
- Mary Badger died in Killyberry, Downing, Co.Derry on Mar.20, 1898.
- James Badger died in Gortagilly, Co.Derry on Sep.19, 1904.
- Mary Ann Hanlon, born Aug.15, 1834, the daughter of Robert Badger and Mary Cousley of County Derry, died in Franklin, Ohio, USA, on Dec.28, 1908, aged 74. Death registered by James Hanlon.
- Mary Jane (Badger) Porter died Apr.2, 1945, and is buried in Curran Presbyterian Church Graveyard, Co. Derry. Mary Jane Badger, died Jan.4, 1905. Also his brothers David, died Mar.10, 1927, and John, died Jul.20, 1945. Erected by his son, Thomas W. Porter.
- Mary Jane Badger died Apr.5, 1905, aged 66 years, and is buried Curran Presbyterian Graveyard, Co. Derry.
- George Badger, born about 1830 in Ireland, the son of Nathaniel Badger and Sariah Clark, a married stonemason, died in Leroy, Calhoun, Michigan, USA, at the age of 77 on Dec.24, 1907.
- Mary Badger, born Mary Orr, about 1825 in Ireland, married, died in Pennfield, Calhoun, Michigan, USA, at the age of 83 on Mar.9, 1908.
- William Badger died on May 3, 1911, and is buried in Curran Presbyterian graveyard.
- Sarah Mawhaney, born Sarah Badger about 1842 in Ireland, the daughter of Nathelan Badger and Sarah Clark, died a widow in Battle Creek, Calhoun, Michigan, USA, at the age of 73 on Feb.8, 1915.
- William Badger died in Megargy, Co.Derry on Sep.18, 1916.
- Elizabeth Badger, born about 1876 and the wife of Edward Badger (mother of Mary Jane), died on Jun.10, 1921, aged 45 and is buried in the Castledawson Presbyterian Graveyard.
- Robert Badger, born in 1855, died in Boyle, Roscommon on Aug.7, 1922.
- William H. Badger was born about 1866 in Michigan, the son of William and Mary Jane (Murray) Badger. He died aged 56 in Battle Creek, Calhoun, Michigan on Nov.23, 1922.
- John E. Hanlon was born about 1874 in Ohio, the son of James and Mary (Badger) Hanlon. He became a train dispatcher and died aged 48 in Battle Creek, Calhoun, Michigan on Nov.18, 1922.
- Edward Badger was born about 1863 in Michigan, the son of William and Mary Jane Badger. He died aged 60 in Pennfield Township, Calhoun, Michigan on Mar.25, 1923.
- John Badger, born about 1836 in Ireland, the son of Nathaniel Badger and Sarah Clark, a retired and married farmer, died in Pennfield, Calhoun, Michigan, USA, at the age of 89 on May 6, 1925. Father born in Scotland, mother in England.
- Mary Jane (Badger) Evans, the daughter of Elizabeth and Edward Badger, died on Sep.13, 1929, aged 30 and is buried in the Castledawson Presbyterian Graveyard. In the same grave, Mary Thompson (Dot) Evans died Jan.4, 1990, aged 65 and her husband Edward Evans died Nov.10, 2003 aged 81 years.
- Norah Badger died on Nov.4, 1938, and is buried in Garrybreeda Cemetery, Loughrea, Co. Galway.
- John Vincent Clarence Badger, Royal Air Force pilot (squadron leader) died on Jun.30, 1941, at the age of 29. He was the son of John and Violet Badger, of Belfast, Northern Ireland, and was awarded the Sword of Honour, R.A.F. College, Cranwell, Jul.14, 1933, and the DFC. He is buried in Halton (St. Michael) Churchyard, Halton, Buckinghamshire.
- Martin Badger, husband of Norah, died on Jan.19, 1945, and is buried in Garrybreeda Cemetery, Loughrea, Co. Galway.
- Edward Badger, the husband of Elizabeth Badger, was born about 1861 and died on Mar.27, 1946, aged 85. He is buried in the Castledawson Presbyterian Graveyard.
- Annie Badger, daughter of James Badger and Sarah (Hamilton), born Tamlaghtmore, Co.Tyrone on May 3, 1869, died in Aug. 1954.
- Elizabeth Badger, daughter of Martin and Norah, died on Nov.26, 1961, and is buried in Garrybreeda Cemetery, Loughrea, Co. Galway.
- Mary Thompson (Dot) Evans, the wife of Edward Evans, was born about 1925 and died on Jan.4, 1990, aged 65. She is buried in the Castledawson Presbyterian Graveyard.
- Edward Evans, the son of Mary Jane (Badger) Evans, was born about 1922 and died on Nov.10, 2003, aged 81. He is buried in the Castledawson Presbyterian Graveyard.
- Badger. May 25, 2012 (peacefully) at Corkhill Lodge Care Center, Mary (Molly), daughter of the late Samuel and Elizabeth Badger, Gortagilly, Moneymore. Buried in St. John's Parish Graveyard, Moneymore.
St. Swithin's Parish Church, Magherafelt, County Londonderry:
BADGER. In loving memory of Edward Badger, died Oct.25, 1967, aged 80 and his wife Bessie, died Mar.18, 1994, aged 90. Also 3 children, Bessie, Samuel and Edward. Also their daughter-in-law Anna May, died Apr.17, 2001, aged 70. Also daughter Margaret died Aug.25, 2003, aged 56.
Lecumpher Presbyterian Church, Desertmartin, County Londonderry:
BADGER. The burying ground of Badger family of Dunarnon and Megargy.
VANCE. Three identical gravestones next to each other:  VANCE. Precious memories of baby Jonathan Richard died 9th May 1996 aged 5 days. Baby Matthew died 2nd Feb. 1998 aged 8 days.  VANCE. In loving memory of a devoted husband and father William Keith died 24th April 2000 aged 37.  VANCE. In loving memory of a devoted wife and mother Maisie died 10th June 2009 aged 70.
Curran Presbyterian Church Graveyard, Co. Derry:
BADGER. Erected by John Badger, Broagh, in memory of his beloved wife Mary Jane Badger who died Apr.5, 1905, aged 66 years, and his daughter Mary Jane Badger who died Jan.4, 1905, aged 28 years. Also the above-named John Badger who died Jul.20, 1925, aged 88 years. Also their son John Badger who died Jul.24, 1937, aged 65 years and their son James Badger who died Oct.27, 1955, aged 83 years.
BADGER. Erected by John Badger in memory of his brother William who died May 3, 1911, aged 75 years and his sister Matilda who died May 2, 1902, aged 54 years. Sister Elizabeth Woods who died Sep.18, 1892, aged 56 years and his son Samuel who died Feb.15, 1946, aged 84 years.
Castledawson Presbyterian Church Graveyard, Co. Derry:
BADGER. Erected by Edward Badger in memory of his wife Elizabeth Badger died Jun.10, 1921,aged 45 years. Also his daughter Mary Jane Evans died Sep.13, 1929, aged 30 years. The abov-named Edward Badger died Mar.27, 1948, aged 85 years. Also Mary Thompson (Dot) Evans died Jan.4, 1990, aged 65 years and her husband Edward Evans died Nov.10, 2003, aged 81 years.
Knockloughrim Presbyterian Church Graveyard, Co. Derry:
PORTER. PORTER, Tivaconavey. In loving memory of Robert Porter died Mar.27, 1949. His wives: Isabella Montgomery, died Apr. 2, 1945, Mary Jane Badger died Jan.4, 1905. Also his brothers David, died Mar.10, 1927, John died Jul.20, 1945. Erected by his son Thomas W. Porter.
St. Tida's Church of Ireland, Co. Derry:
BADGER. Erected in memory of Robert Badger of Killyberry who fell asleep in Jesus on 28th January 1876 aged 91 years. Also his beloved wife Chelly who died in the Lord on the 8th of August 1870 aged 82 years.
Abstracts of wills mostly taken from the PRONI website:
- The Will of Mary Badger late of Broagh County Londonderry Widow deceased who died 20 September 1879 at same place was proved at Londonderry by the oaths of John Hamilton Junior of Broagh and John Bear of Lurganagoose both in said County Farmers the Executors. [She leaves her stuff to son William Badger, to daughter Matilda, son John, daughter Eliza.]
- Probate of the Will of James Badger late of Gortagilly County Londonderry Farmer and Grocer who died 19 September 1904 granted at Londonderry to Samuel J. Badger Farmer and Mary J. Badger Widow.
- Probate of the Will of William Badger late of Megargy County Londonderry Farmer who died 18 September 1916 granted at Londonderry to James Badger Farmer and Samuel Story Badger Chemist.
- Nathaniel Badger of Kilsally county Tyrone farmer and merchant died 31 August 1936 Administration Londonderry 26 May to William Ferguson Badger farmer. Effects £228 0s. 2d.
- John Badger of Broagh Knockloughrim county Londonderry farmer died 23 July 1937 Probate Belfast 23 September to James Badger farmer. Effects £1674 15s.
- Samuel John Badger of Gortagilly Moneymore county Londonderry farmer died 6 May 1939 Probate Belfast 4 August to Eliza Badger the widow. Effects £1866 10s.
- David George Badger of Kilsally county Tyrone farmer died 17 October 1939 Administration Londonderry 23 May to Andrew Thomas Badger farmer. Effects £986 13s.
- Samuel Storey Badger of Magherafelt county Londonderry chemist died 18 March 1939 Probate Belfast 15 May to Annie Marion Badger the widow. Effects £4251 10s. 6d.
- James Badger of Dunarnon, Magherafelt, County Londonderry, farmer died 18 February 1941 Probate Belfast 9 May to William Badger and Robert Badger farmers. Effects £695.
- John Vincent Clarence Badger of Eastleigh Leverogue, Lisburn, County Down, squadron leader R.A.F. died 30 June 1941 at The Princess Mary R.A.F. Hospital Wendona Road Halton Buckinghamshire Administration Belfast 18 December to John Augustus Badger staff superintendent Queens University. Effects £27 10s. 1d.
Last updated 3/5/04.
Christopher E. Brennen